Welcome to Cape Of Cope!
We are a social media platform, without an advertising business model. We work to provide people a beneficial and healthy environment that is free from the problems created by traditional social media.
Cape Of Cope allows people to create and share content, collaborate communicate and connect with others, and discover various things across its platform.
- We don’t track or gather any data about how you use our service. Therefore, your information will never be used to manipulate your news feed for the purpose of serving business interests. Hence, we ensure your privacy.
- We create a random, open, and all inclusive environment by not feeding you constant ‘relevant information’ by using your data, but by letting you choose the things that you care to see. Hence, we support your free will and serve your purpose.
- Having no advertisements allows us to avoid attention grabbing and persuasive technology that’s built to keep you engaged. Our platform is designed humanely to foster a positive environment for people to socialize.
- You must understand and adhere to our Guidelines for Use while using Cape of Cope.
- You must be at least 13 years old to use our service. We suggest Parental Guidance for people below 18 years of age.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
- You cannot impersonate others or provide inaccurate information.
- You cannot do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You can’t violate (or help or encourage others to violate) these Terms or our policies.
- You can't do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the Service.
- You can't attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways.
- You can't attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users.
- You can't post private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone else's rights, including intellectual property.
- You can't use a domain name or URL in your username without our prior written consent.
- We do not have permission to track your activity or use your username, profile picture, information about your relationships and actions with accounts for the purpose of targeted advertisements or revenue generation of any kind.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we may change it if we believe it is appropriate or necessary (for example, if it infringes someone's intellectual property or impersonates another user).
- In a general sense, you cannot use our intellectual property and trademarks or similar marks in a wrongful manner or without our prior written permission.
- You must obtain written permission from us or under an open source license to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Account Suspension & Termination
You may stop using the service at any time. Just write to us at [email protected] to delete your account. We will close your account and remove all data associated with your account on our platform.
We may suspend or terminate your use of Services, your account with us, or your access to all or part of our service on legal order or in case of harm to any user, other third party, or us, based on our discretion. If you believe your Cape of Cope account has been terminated in error, you can appeal by writing to us on above mentioned address.
Other Legal Terms
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR AS REQUIRED BY THE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND CAPE OF COPE DOES NOT MAKE ANY SPECIFIC COMMITMENTS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SERVICE.
Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CAPE OF COPE, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUES, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, GOODWILL, OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS; PUNITIVE DAMAGES CAUSED BY VARIOUS EVENTS.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Cape Of Cope, its Affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive this Agreement and your use of the Service.
About this Agreement
Modifying this Agreement
We may modify this Agreement, for example, to reflect changes to our Service or for legal, regulatory, or security reasons. Cape Of Cope will provide reasonable advance notice of any material modifications to this Agreement and the opportunity to review them except that, where legally permitted, modifications addressing newly available features of the Service or modifications made for legal reasons may be effective immediately without notice. Modifications to this Agreement will only apply going forward. If you do not agree to the modified terms, you should remove any Content you have uploaded and discontinue your use of the Service.
Continuation of this Agreement
If your use of the Service ends, the following terms of this Agreement will continue to apply to you: “Other Legal Terms”, “About This Agreement”, and the licenses granted by you will continue as described under “Duration of License”.
If it turns out that a particular term of this Agreement is not enforceable for any reason, this will not affect any other terms.
If you fail to comply with this Agreement and we do not take immediate action, this does not mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as the right to take action in the future).
In these terms, “include” or “including” means “including but not limited to,” and any examples we give are for illustrative purposes.